Kawah Brownie Recipe
This Kawah brownie recipe will change your baking game for sure! ! They are just perfect with a good cup of Kawah speciality coffee too.
- 185g butter
- 150g dark chocolate (I used 70% divine chocolate)
- 3 large eggs
- 285g light brown sugar
- 85g plain flour
- 20g raw cacao
- espresso shot ( we used this Medium Roast Beans 250g – Kawah Coffee (kawah-rwanda.com)
To decorate you will need:
- Chocolate chips or smarties
Heat your oven to 180c and prepare your brownie tin with grease proof paper and grease well.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool for a few minutes
- Use an electric whisk to mix together the eggs and sugar until doubles in size and fluffy (about 5 mins of mixing)
- Add Kawah coffee espresso shot the wet chocolate mixture to the eggs and sugar. Fold in gently
- Sieve over the flour and raw cacao
- Fold all the ingredients together once more using a spatula
- Mix in some of your mini eggs!
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins
- After 20 mins take out of the oven and lightly press in your chocolate chips or smarties.
- Bake for 5 more mins in the oven and then remove and allow to cool well before chopping into squares.
These will keep well for a few days in an airtight container. Well, if they last that long!
You can also make it vegan by replacing the butter with a vegan alternative and use an egg replacer like flaxseed. Enjoy them with a nice cup of filter Kawah coffee. Perfect for a morning snack or afternoon break.
Will you try this Kawah Brownie recipe? please share your photos if you do and tag us. Feel free to send us your own recipe as well and we will be happy to feature you and your recipe 🙂